Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of the RMI India website and some of the functions and tools on the website (collectively the “Website”).
RMI India may modify / change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without notifying you. Your access and use of the Website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as updated or modified. We therefore encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions each time you access and use the Website.
You may browse the Website anonymously without registration. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any personal information while browsing through the Website. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Website or interact with us without registering yourself at the Website. For instance, you would not be able to subscribe to our newsletters without providing the Website with basic information. If you desire to register yourself at the Website you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate and complete Information; (b) maintain and promptly update the said Information to keep it accurate and complete. If you give any Information, that is inaccurate or incomplete or incorrect, RMI India may suspend or terminate your registration and prevent you from accessing and / or using the Website.
Privacy and Security
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, the Website is our proprietary property and all materials made available through the Website including but not limited to source code, databases, functionality, software, photographs, graphics, audio clips, video clips and text (collectively, the “Contents”) and the trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by RMI India or are licensed to RMI India, and are protected by India and international laws of copyright and trademark. You acknowledge that the Website, the Content and the Marks displayed on the Website and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Website contain RMI India’s proprietary information. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Website and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, displayed, sold, licensed, modified, reproduced or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without RMI India’s express prior written permission. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Content or the Marks displayed on the Website, without our prior written permission in each instance.
Misuse of the Marks or Content displayed on the Website is expressly prohibited. We will not hesitate to take legal action against any unauthorised usage of our Marks to preserve and protect our rights in the matter. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Website, Content and the Marks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may also be the trade marks of their respective owners.
Use of the Website
RMI India grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable license to access, view and use the Website:
- To conduct comparative or other ‘best practices’ research purposes;
- For your own internal business use; and
- In the case of governmental agencies, performing regulatory or research functions related to nonprofit entities.
You agree that you will not use the Website:
- To upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content:
- that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other contractual or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, intimidating, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- that discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s e-mail address, mailing or permanent address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- Other than as authorized by the Terms and Conditions.
- Use the Website or any email in any RMI India domain to deliver unsolicited bulk email.
- To republish or distribute information from the Website without RMI India’s express written consent.
- To disassemble, decode, decompile, or otherwise reverse engineer the Website, including, without limitation, any interfaces or software programs comprising the Website.
- To take any action that would impede or interfere with the operation of the Website or alter Contents of the Website, or alter or interfere with any other content, website, or software that RMI India owns or controls.
- To directly or indirectly, change, recompile, reframe, rent, sell, distribute or publish any of the Website, any database thereon and/or any content thereon, or any portion thereof, without explicit written consent from RMI India.
- To use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods with respect to the Website or any portion thereof.
- To use the Website directly or indirectly in competition with RMI India in any way whatsoever.
- To spam or engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme.
- To interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Website through the use of any means designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, telecommunications, or other equipment, or to cause a security breach of such software, hardware, telecommunications, or other equipment (such as a virus, worm, computer code, file, program, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Website through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means).
- To violate copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in or associated with the Website and / or to remove, alter, interfere with or circumvent any copyright, trademark, watermark, or other proprietary notices marked or displayed on the Website.
- To copy, distribute, republish, transmit, repost, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works from, transfer, modify or sell any of the Contents without prior written authorization from RMI India.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or access control technology implemented in, the Website or the servers and network associated with the Website.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Website. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information you access or obtain through the Website. RMI India does not control all material posted by third parties via the Website, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content (even if RMI India has reviewed it). Under no circumstances will RMI India be liable in any way for any content including any errors or omissions in any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content. You hereby agree to release RMI India from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any such disputes or use of the Website, except as otherwise provided by applicable law. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF ANY AND ALL OF THE CONTENTS EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
No Warranties; Limitations of Liability
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED BY RMI INDIA “AS IS,” AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. RMI INDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, OR ANY INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. IN ADDITION, RMI INDIA DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RMI INDIA DOES NOT WARRANT OR COVENANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, WILL BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONFIGURING YOUR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, AND COMPUTER PROGRAMMES TO ACCESS OUR WEBSITE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR OWN VIRUS PROTECTION SOFTWARE. RMI INDIA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR (A) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, (B) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO THE WEBSITE, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, ERRORS, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. ANY MATERIAL OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RMI INDIA OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RMI INDIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTIES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. RMI INDIA HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE WEBSITE AND / OR IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, RMI INDIA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
Representations; Warranties and Indemnification
You hereby represent and warrant that:
- You have the power and authority to execute, deliver and perform your obligations under the Terms and Conditions;
- Your entering into an agreement with us does not contravene any applicable law or contract with another party
The Websites may contain links / hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties and /or third-party products and services (“External Sites”). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites. The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or part of the Website, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Website at any time without prior notice or liability.
If any provision or portion thereof of the Terms and Conditions is found to be contrary to law, the interpretation of such provision or portion thereof will be modified solely as necessary to comply with law and such provision will be construed, as nearly as possible while complying with law, to reflect the provision as drafted, and all other provisions will remain in full force and effect. If any court of law, having jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and Conditions without affecting the rest of the Terms, and the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions will continue to be valid and enforceable. RMI India’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by RMI India in writing. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and RMI India with respect to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements. You may not assign the Terms and Conditions to any other party and any attempt to do so is void. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions create a partnership, agency or joint venture relationship between you and RMI India. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import.
Governing law and dispute resolution
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of India and any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi, India.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about these Terms and Conditions and/or the Website and / or any Privacy related communication, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.