Are you a communications professional and creative thinker with a passion for creating positive impact in the world? Do you thrive on working in fast-paced environments and simultaneously managing multiple projects and priorities? If yes, then join our growing team!
RMI India is seeking a Communications Associate to support marketing and communications for the Shoonya campaign and other initiatives.
Your passion for RMI India’s mission, to improve the lives and livelihoods of all Indians by accelerating the clean energy transition, will serve as the foundation for your efforts.
You will be a strong team player and an integral part of the RMI India team, while coordinating and collaborating with external partner organizations. As the Communications Associate, you will support overall strategy and execution, use data-driven insights to provide communications and marketing guidance, and develop and execute strategic campaigns across a diverse range of channels.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Support and Develop Shoonya Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Support overall marketing and communications strategy for Shoonya and other initiatives in close coordination with the Communications Director.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver audience-centric communications campaigns that leverage diverse channels, including media relations, social/digital, events, direct communications, partnerships, and RMI India- and partner-owned assets.
Internal and External Coordination
- Collaborate with and leverage in-house communications capabilities (i.e., editorial, design, web, traditional and social media) and third-party agencies to create multimedia content.
- Manage partner relationships to promote and highlight industry efforts as part of the Shoonya campaign and other initiatives.
- Follow and enhance RMI India processes to project manage and create relevant content such as blogs, reports, videos, graphics, and digital content.
- Maintain initiative websites and social media assets with recurring updates of content.
- Support media outreach and develop regular opportunities for media engagement.
- Proactively leverage news-making moments, milestones, outcomes, and impacts to drive awareness and interest in the program with target audiences, influencers, donors, policymakers, and decision makers.
- Develop and report against metrics of success and track activities against outcomes and impact.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, communications, marketing, or related field and/or appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in communications disciplines in the environment, climate, and policy space, with clear experience in developing strategies and leading successful communications campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and complex projects
- Tight project and task management skills
- Experience working on integrated multimedia campaigns
- Prior experience as a journalist or in a media organization
- Experience creating digital media content
- Proficiency with software such as WordPress, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, and MS Office
- Interest in clean energy, climate change, climate policy and action, or the broader clean energy transition
- Experience marketing to diverse channels and ability to communicate to a diverse policy, industry, and stakeholder audience
- Proven career and successful track record of strategic communications efforts
- Logical, structured writer, with excellent editorial skill and high attention to detail
- Ability to identify the best angle for written content and craft key messages
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is highly preferred that this role be located in New Delhi. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive package of compensation and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical insurance allowance
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Parental leave
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI India is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and to our collective success as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation, enabling them to feel welcomed, supported, and valued
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities
About RMI India
RMI India is an independent think-and-do-tank that works with diverse stakeholders. It takes inspiration from and collaborates with RMI, a 40-year-old nongovernmental organization. RMI India’s mission is to accelerate India’s transition to a clean, prosperous, and inclusive energy future.
Please ensure you have read the entire announcement below before applying.
Be prepared to share (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, and (3) a writing sample such as a press release, blog, or long-format feature. All three documents are required. Candidates who do not provide compelling answers to the questions “Why do you want to work at RMI India?” and “In what ways are you qualified to contribute to RMI India’s mission?” in their cover letter may not be considered. Additionally, incomplete applications (for example, applications missing a cover letter) may not be considered.
Please email the requested materials to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Due to the large number of applications received, RMI India is not able to respond to every applicant. We will be in contact with applicants moving to the interview stage.