Associate Job Opening
Do you love solving challenging problems, writing, conducting research, and working in groups? Do you also have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, and ability to motivate others towards meaningful results? Are you passionate about the clean energy transition? If yes, then join us as an Associate!
RMI India is hiring Associate positions (entry and mid-level research and collaboration positions) to support our work in transforming India’s transportation and energy sectors. Specific project-level responsibilities will evolve over time as needed to support the program’s goals.
Our staff represents a variety of skill sets, and we welcome candidates with diverse educational and work backgrounds.
RMI India is an organisation recognised for thought leadership in clean energy and climate solutions in India. Ongoing work focuses on the transport, buildings, and electricity sectors and involves technical assistance and policy advising at the national level. We also design and facilitate pilot projects at the state and city levels, alongside leading industry players.
As an Associate, you are a creative problem solver who uses your quantitative, technical, and analytical abilities to conduct compelling research and assessment around vital energy issues. You will collaborate with team members to craft visionary yet practical solutions from our research questions and for our clients. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others towards meaningful results, a passion for the clean energy transition, and interest in international work.
As an RMI India Associate, you will be an independent contributor and work closely with colleagues on projects under the direction of more senior staff.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide core research, quantitative analysis, and support to our projects
- Design and create innovative problem-solving approaches and quantitative models to effectively address key questions and challenges posed by our research goals and clients
- Synthesise recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written reports.
- Present quantitative information in a clear, visual format
- Engage with external experts via phone interviews and conferences, and respond to outreach requests on occasion
- Undergraduate degree in an applicable field such as engineering, business, economics, computer science, mathematics, architecture, or the physical and social sciences
- 2–4 years of cumulative work experience
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, including the ability break down complex issues in a straightforward, logical manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal qualities: intellectual curiosity, flexible mindset, and a passion for impact and environmental sustainability
- Familiarity and/or interest in energy, climate, transportation, buildings, and/or the electricity industry
- Graduate degree in an applicable field
- Comfort working in both collaborative team settings as well as independently managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to plunge into new areas of work and to learn new subject matter
- A self-starter who is analytical, inquisitive, and results-oriented
- Experience working among diverse groups with varying perspectives and/or facilitating challenging conversations; experience designing effective meetings
- Demonstrated initiative and accomplishment in previous work
The Associate will be based in Delhi, India.
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance allowance
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Parental leave
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI India is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
As such, it is one of our core values, and we strive for a level of diversity within our organisation that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or other social identities—is critical to the long-term success of each team member and of the organisation collectively, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation, enabling them to feel welcomed, supported, and valued
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities
About RMI India:
RMI India is an independent think-and-do tank that works with diverse stakeholders. It takes inspiration from and collaborates with RMI, a 40-year-old nongovernmental organisation. RMI India’s mission is to accelerate India’s transition to a clean, prosperous, and inclusive energy future.
Please ensure you have read the entire announcement below before applying.
Be prepared to share (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter. Both documents are required. Candidates who do not provide compelling answers to the questions “Why do you want to work at RMI India?” and “In what ways are you qualified to contribute to RMI India’s mission?” in their cover letter may not be considered. Additionally, incomplete applications (for example, applications missing a cover letter) may not be considered.
Please email the requested materials to [email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Due to the large number of applications received, RMI India is not able to respond to every applicant. We will be in contact with applicants moving to the interview stage.